New Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Ceftazidime in pure and pharmaceutical dosage
AbstractA new simple, rapid, inexpensive and nontoxic spectrophotometric method for the
determination of Ceftazidime in the pure and local market formulation was proposed. The
method is based on the coupling reaction between the diazotized drug and 4-tert-butylphenol
(4-TBP) to produce a colored compound with a (λ max 500 nm). The optimal conditions for the
factors affecting the formation of this compound were studied. Beer's law was obeyed and a
linear calibration curve was obtained over the range of (1–10 μg/mL) with a correlation
coefficient (r=0.9890), molar absorptivity (ε=6.62710 3 L/mol.cm), the limit of detection
0.314 μg/mL, and the limit of quantification LOQ 1.047 μg/mL. the accuracy and precision of
the method were checked and the method was applied successfully for the determination of
Ceftazidime in commercial preparation and the values of recovery percent and RSD% ranged
between (93.11 - 102.20%) and (0.48 - 9.54%) respectively.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia, Govt. Of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare,The Indian Pharmacopoiea Commission, Ghaziabad, 2007, 3, 876-878.
The United States Pharmacopoeia; Asian edition,US pharmacopoeial convention Inc., Rockville, 2003, pp. 381-383.
British Pharmacopoeia, The Department of Health, British Pharmacopoeia Commission, London, 2010, ed. 2, p. 419.
- S.C.Sweetman, Martindale The Complete Drug Reference, 33rd edition, Pharmaceutical Press, London, 1996, 194.
- Rabindra K. Nanda, Ashwini V. Shelke. Development And Validation Of RP-HPLC Method For The Simultaneous Estimation Of Ceftazidime Sodium And Tazobactam Sodium In Marketed Formulation. International Journal of PharmTech Research Vol.5, No.3, pp 983-990, July-Sept 2013.
- Olajire A. Adegoke, Monsurat O. Quadri. "Novel spectrophotometric determinations of some cephalosporins following azo dye formation with p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde" Arabian Journal of Chemistry (2016) 9, S1272-S1282.
P. Jun, R. Yun, S. Yue, "Determination of ceftazidime injection by HPLC" Chinese Journal of Hospital pharmacy, 2001,10,6
A.H. Moreno, H.N. Salgado. "Development of a New High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for the Determination of Ceftazidime" Journal of AOAC International, 2008, 91(4),739-43.
S.Sanli, N.Sanli, M.Gumustas, "Simultaneous Estimation of Ceftazidime and Ceftizoxime in Pharmaceutical Formulations by HPLC Method" Chromatographia, 2011,74(7-8),549-558.
S.A. Signs, T.M. File, J.S. Tan, "High-pressure liquid chromatographic method for analysis of cephalosporins" Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 1984, 26(5),652.
- Mohan Gandhi Bonthu, Lakshmana Rao Atmakuri, Venkateswara Rao Jangam" Validated Chromatographic Method for the Estimation of Ceftazidime and Tazobactam in Pure and Tablet Dosage Form" Der Pharma Chemica, 2017, 9(16):61-66.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia, Controller of Publications, Delhi 1996, pp. 149-150.
- K. Arun, C. Saravanan, R. Balachandar, "UV- Spectrophotometric determination of Ceftazidime in pure and pharmaceutical formulation" Journal of Chemical and Pharmceutical Research. 2010, 2(1), 424-431.
A.H. Moreno, H.R. Salgado. PubMed. "Rapid and selective UV spectrophotometric method for the analysis of ceftazidime" Journal of AOAC International. 2009 ,May-Jun, 92(3),820-3.
- A.B. Devkhile, K.A. Shaikh. Method development and validation for third generation cephalosporin by uv-vis spectrophotometer" International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 2011, 2(1): 222- 229.
- H. Basavaraj, H.M. Bennikallu, M. swamy. "Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods for determination of ceftazidime in pharmaceutical dosage forms" Acta Pharma, 2008, 58, 275-285.
- Hiremath B, Mruthyunjayaswamy BH, " Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods For determination of ceftazidime in pharmaceutical dosage forms" Acta Pharm. 2008 Sep;58(3):275-85.
- Hesham Salem, Ebtihal Samir, " Determination of cefotaxime, cefoperazone, ceftazidime and cefadroxil using surface plasmon resonance band of silver 1 nanoparticles" Braz. J. Pharm. Sci. vol.54 no.3 São Paulo 2018 Epub Nov 29, 2018.
How to Cite
The journal has no restrictions for the author to hold the copyrights of his articles. The journal does not allow authors to republish the same article in other journals or conferences that is published in one of its volumes.