Since Nov. 6, 2023, Al-Mustansiriyah Journal of Science has been accepted for inclusion in COPE.
Post-Publication Discussions and Corrections
- Post-publication discussions and corrections
Al-Mustansiriyah Journal of Science (MJS) allows post-publication discussion on the journal’s website, through emails to the editor. Furthermore, MJS has mechanisms for correcting, revising, or retracting articles after publication.
- Correction Policy
Erratum is an error that affects the accuracy of the published paper, and the reputation of the authors. Errata are published as distinct articles. MJS publishes errata in the case of a serious mistake or a factual error or omission in the methods, results, or conclusions. To warrant an erratum, the scientific error must be serious enough to affect the scientific content of the article and interpretation of results.Cases that raise an erratum:
- A figure or table was not explained and mentioned correctly.
- A figure or table was missed out.
- Incorrect results were included in a table.
- An author accidentally is missed out.
A notice of correction will be issued by MJS to the article and correct considerable errors that appear in online articles when these errors considerably affect the content or understanding of the work reported (e.g., error in data presentation) or when the error affects the publication’s metadata (e.g., misspelling of an author’s name). In these cases, MJS will publish a correction that will be linked to the original article. Furthermore, MJS assumes authors inform the editorial office of any errors they have observed (or have been informed of) in their article once published.
- Removal of Published Content
In extraordinary situations, MJS reserves the right to remove a paper from its website. This happens when:
- MJS is advised that content is libelous that contains false information about a method or a researcher ;
- Infringes a third party’s intellectual property right, right to privacy, or another legal right;
- It causes an immediate and serious risk to safety and integrity if acted upon.
- Correction Policy
An addendum is a notification to add information to a published paper. It should be noted that the supplements do not contradict the original publication and are not used to fix the error. For the errors, MJS will publish a correction notice. Actually, if the author needs to update or add some key information then, they can publish an addendum. According to the MJS policies, the addenda may be peer-reviewed and are normally subject to oversight by the editor of the research article.