SYNTHESIS OF NANO-ALUMINUM OXIDE VIA BIOLOGICAL AND ELECTROCHEMICAL METHODS
Keywords:, Nanotechnology, Biological method, Electrochemical method and Nano-aluminum oxide
AbstractIn this research work, the nanoparticles of aluminum oxide were synthesized by two ways. The first way is the biological by using (Pseudomonas aeruginosa) bacteria with a rate diameter (102.35) nm. The second way is the electrochemical with a rate diameter (62) nm. These nanoparticles were characterized by Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), X-Ray diffraction technique (XRD), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) and Scanninig Electron Microscopy (SEM). Alumina nanoparticles are thermodynamically stable particles over a wide temperature range . The biological activity of these nanoparticles toward different species of pathogenic bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus ) and (Pseudo monas) has been investigated. The results stated that the nanoparticles prepared by chemical way was more effective on the inhibition of bacteria than the nanoparticles prepared by biological way
- S. Logothetidis "Nanotechnology : principles and Applications" Chapter 1, Nanoscience and Technology, p. 1, 2012. .
- R. Vijayakumar, R. Agarwal, S. Jagannathan, R. Gandhi and R. Ranjithkumar "Applications of Nanotechnology in Medicine: Aview" pp. 90-91, 2016
- F. Harry T. " Medical Nanotechnology and Francis Group, p. 12, 2011
- L. Brannon-Peppas and J. O Blanchette " Nanoparticle and targeted systems for cancer therapy" Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 64, p. 206-212, 2012.
- S. Chatterjee, S. Gupta, S. Mukherjee and J. Mukherjee "Nanomaterial Mediated Drug Delivery, Image-Guided Therapy and Multifaceted Theranostic Systems in Cancer" Journal of Nanotechnology &Advanced Materials, 2(2), p.77-88, 2014.
- A. Mukherjee, M. Sadiq I., T. C. Prathna and N. Chandrasekaran "Antimicrobial activity of aluminium oxide nanoparticles for potential clinical applications" Science against microbial pathogens: communicating current research and technological advances, P. 247, 2011.
- B. Caroline R., J. Forrester, J. Heather G. and J. Gregg S. "A study in the Mechanical Milling of Alumina Powder" Ceramic International, 34(6), p. 1551-1556, 2008.
- F. Mirjalili, M. Hasmaliza and A. Lugman C. " Size – Controlled Synthesis of Nano α-Alumina Particles through the Sol-Gel Method" Ceramic International, 36(4), p. 1253-1257, 2010.
- K. Yatsui, T. Yukawa, C. Grigoriu and W. Jiang " Synthesis of Ultrafine γ-Al2O3 Powders by Pulsed Laser Ablation " Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2(1), p. 75-83, 2000.
- S. L. Pal, U. Jana, P. K. Manna, G. P. Mohanta and R. Manavalan "Nanoparticle: An overview of preparation and characterization" Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 01(06), p. 228-234, 2011.
How to Cite
The journal has no restrictions for the author to hold the copyrights of his articles. The journal does not allow authors to republish the same article in other journals or conferences that is published in one of its volumes.