The effect of N-yttrium oxide Y2 o3 on mungbean (Phaseolus aureus Roxb.) Seed germination and seedling growth under salinity levels
AbstractThe present study was carried out in the botanical garden / department of biology /college of science in ALmustansiriyah University, Baghdad. During winter 2017 under natural environmental conditions in plastic house. The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity of the N- Yttrium oxide application to reduce salt stress in 1 and 2 gm/ Lof NaCl on seed germination and seedling growth of mung been. The results reveal that N- Y2o3 gave the highest results in seed germinations and seedling growth trait (seedling lengths, shoot length, number of leaves, number of secondary roots and dry weight of seedling) of mung bean than gibberellin and aqueous extract of Liquors roots under 1 and 2 gm / L NaCl and has no significant different with control treatment.
-`Rahman MS, Matsumuro T, Miyake H, Takeoka Y (2000). Salinity-induced ultrastructural alternations in leaf cells of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Prod Sci 3:422-429.
- Welbaum GE, Tissaoui T, Bradford KJ (1990). Water relations of seed development and germination in muskmelon (Cucumis melo L.) Z. Sensitivity of germination to water potential and abscisic acid during development. Plant Physiol 92:1029-1037.
- Tadav S.,Ifran M., Ahmad M., Hayat S. 2011. Causes salinity and plant manifestations to salt stress: a review. Journal of Environmental Biology. 32: 667-685.
-Rahimi R, Mohammakhani A, Roohi V,Armand N. 2012. Effects of salt stress and silicon nutrition on cholorophyll content, yield and yield components in fennel (Foeniculum vulgar MJ Agric Crop Sci;4(21):1591-1595.
- Saha P., Chatterjee P., Biswas A. K. (2010). NaCl pretreatment alleviates salt stress by enhancement of antioxidant defense and osmolyte accumulation in mungbean (Vigna radiata L. Wilczek). Indian J. Exp. Biol. 48593–600.
-Misra N., Murmu B., Singh P., Misra M. (1996). Growth and Proline accumulation in mungbean seedlings as affected by sodium chloride. Biol. Plant. 38 531–536.
- Al-Aghabary K, Zhu Z, Shi QH ,2004. Infuence of silicon supply on chlorophyll content,
chlorophyll fl uorescence, and antioxidative enzyme activities in tomato plants under
salt stress.J Plant Nutr.;27:2101–2115.
Liang YC, Zhang WH, Chen Q, Ding RX. 2005. Effects of silicon on tonoplast Hþ -ATPase
and Hþ-PPase activity, fatty acid composition and fl uidity in roots of salt stressed
barley (Hordeum vulgare L.).Environ Exp Bot.;53:29–37.
- Castiglione Monica R, Cremonini R. 2009. Nanoparticles and higher plants. Caryologia, , 62: 161-165.
- SAS. 2012. Statistical Analysis System, User's Guide. Statistical. Version 9.1th ed. SAS. Inst. Inc. Cary. N.C. USA.
- Siddiqui MH, Al-Whaibi MH (2014) Role of nano-SiO2 in germination of tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum seeds Mill.). Saudi Biol Sci 21:13–17.
- Bao-shan L, Shao-qi D, Chun-hui L, Li-jun F, Shu-chun Q, Min Y (2004) Effect of TMS (nanostructured silicon dioxide) on growth of Changbai larch seedlings. J Forest Res 15:138–140.
- Suriyaprabha R, Karunakaran G, Yuvakkumar R, Rajendran V, Kannan N (2012) Silica nanoparticles for increased silica availability in maize (Zea mays L) seeds under hydroponic conditions.Curr Nanosci 8:902–908.
- Raven J.A. 1982, Transport and function of silicon in plants. Biological Reviews58, 179-207.
- Manzer H. Siddiqui, Mohamed H. Al-Whaibi, Mohammad Firoz
and Mutahhar Y. Al-Khaishany.2015. Chapter 2 Role of Nanoparticles in Plants
- Ma X, Geiser-Lee J, Deng Y, Kolmakov A (2010) Interactions between engineered nanoparticles
(ENPs) and plants: phytotoxicity, uptake and accumulation. Sci Total Environ
- Shah V, Belozerova I (2009) Influence of metal nanoparticles on the soil microbial community
and germination of lettuce seeds. Water Air Soil Pollut 197:143–148
- Kalteh M, Alipour ZT, Ashraf S, Aliabadi MM, Nosratabadi AF (2014) Effect of silica nanoparticles
on basil (Ocimum basilicum) under salinity stress. J Chem Health Risks 4:49–55
-Siddiqui MH, Al-Whaibi MH, Faisal M, Al Sahli AA (2014) Nano-silicon dioxide mitigates the
adverse effects of salt stress on Cucurbita pepo L. Environ Toxicol Chem 33(11):2429–
-Xie Y, Li B, Zhang Q, Zhang C, Lu K, Tao G (2011) Effects of nano-TiO2 on photosynthetic
characteristics of Indocalamus barbatus. J Northeast For Univ 39:22–25
How to Cite
The journal has no restrictions for the author to hold the copyrights of his articles. The journal does not allow authors to republish the same article in other journals or conferences that is published in one of its volumes.