Effect of some chemical and physical elicitors on some secondary compound induction of Ricinus communis through callus induction
The results of the present study showed that AgNo3 and ABA has a negative effect on fresh and dry weight, where both of weight significantly decreased when treated with ABA and AgNo3 compare to control treatment, except callus treated with AgNo3 at 4mg/l, the rate of fresh and dry weight significantly increased reached to 434,77mg respectively compared to control. Physical treatment also had a significant effect on fresh and dry weight for callus, the highest fresh and dry weight significantly reached to 491,93 mg respectively when callus exposure for 10 minutes to UV ray. The exposure to light for different period had negative effect on the rates of fresh and dry weight, as the control superior significantly for all lighting treatment.The concentration of all the secondary compounds extracted from callus increased significantly compared to their concentration in the seed extract. The addition of chemical treatments to callus lead to the difference in the concentration of secondary compounds. The quercetin compound reached its highest and significantly to 95.17μg/ml at the concentration of 4mg/l of AgNo3. while kaempferol suffer significantly decrease at all concentration of AgNo3, and reached to highest value significantly at control 114.76μg/ml, added concentration at 6 mg/l of AgNo3 had a positive effect in increasing the concentration of Ricinin significantly to 119.90μg/ml. Show the results of Callus treatment with ABA, different in the concentration of secondary compounds compared with control, where control treatment significantly increase kaempferol and qurecetin compound, were reaching to71.41,114.76μg/ml respectively. While the concentration of ricinin significantly increased to 194.34μg/ml at 2mg/l ABA concentration compared to control. The physical treatment had a significant effect on the concentration of secondary compounds, the concentration of all compounds was highest significantly when callus exposure for 24 hour to light compared to control. There was no significant effect on the concentration of secondary compounds at callus exposure to UV for tow period of exposure
- Moshkin, V.A.editor.1986. Castor Amerind, New Delhi.
- Weiss, E.A.1983. Oil seed crops. Longman group Ltd.pp31-99.
- Meikle, D.R.1985. Flora of Cyprus. The Bentham-Moxon Trust, Royal Botanic Garden, Kew, 2:1452-1453.
- Khafagi, I.K.2007. Variation of callus induction and active metabolic accumulation in callus culture of two varieties of Ricinus communis L. Biotechnology, 6:193-201.
- Ogunniyi, D.S.2006. Castor oil: A vital industrial raw material, Biosource technology. 97:1086-1091.
- Zahory, M. 1987. Flora of Palestine. Israel Acad. Sci.Humanities, Jerusalem, 2:296.
- Ishrak, K.Khafagi. 2007. Variation of callus induction and active metabolite accumulation in callus culture of two varieties of Ricinus communis L. Biotechnology 6(2):193-201.
- Hussein, A.O., Hameed, I.H., Jasim, H., and Kareem, M.A.2015. Determination of alkaloid compound of Ricinus communis by using gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy (6C-MS). J. of medicinal plants Research. 9 (10):pp349-359.
- Borris, R.P.1996. Natural products research perspectives from a major pharmaceutical company. J. Ethnopharmacol. 51:29-38.
- Smetanska, I.2008. Production of secondary metabolites using plant cell culture. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol, 111,187-228.
- Trivedi Neha and Dubey Ashutosh. 2014. Efficient callus regeneration and multiple shoot induction in Brassica juncea var, pusa jaikisan., Res.J.Recent. sci, 3(IVC-2014)16-19.
- Krishania suman and Agar wal kalpana.2013. Effect of heavy metal stress on callus induction and regeneration of finger millet Eleusin coracana L. Gaertn, Res.J.Recent. Sci., 2(ISC-2012) pp 24-28.
- Sheriff, N., Sudar shana, M.S., Umesha, S. and Hairipra sod, p.2006.Antimicrobial activity of Rauvolfia tetra phyla and physalis minima leaf and callus exracts. African Journal Biotechnology, 5:946-950.
- Sokmen, A.2001. Antiviral and cytotoxic activity of extracts from the cell culture and respective parts of some Turkish medicinal plants. Turkish Journal of Biology, 25:343-350.
- Pise, M., Rudra J.Begde D., Bundales., Nashikkar N. and upodhyay A.2013. Elicitors induced production of shatavarins in the cell culture of Asparagus racemosus. Indian journal of plant sciences. 2(2) pp100-106.
- Ensanpour, A.A. and Rzavizadeh, R.2005. Effect of UV-C on drought tolerance of alfalfa (medicago sativa) callus, AM, J. Biochem. Biotechnol, 1(2):107-110.
- Zagoskina, N.V., Alyavina, A.K., Gladyshko, T.o, Lapshin, P.V., Egorova, E.A., and Bukhov, N.G.2005. Ultra violet rays promote development of photosystem II photochemical activity and accumulation of phenolic compound in the tea callus culture Camellia sinensis, Russ .J.Plant physiol. 520.731-739.
- Mohanlall, V., and odhar, B.2006. Biocontrol of aflatoxins B-I, B-Z, G (1), G(2), and fumonisin B-1with 6,7 dimethoxy-coumarin, a phytoalexin from citrus sinensis .J.Food protect. 69:2224-2229.
- Zhao, J., Zhu, W.H. and Hu, Q. 2001b. Effect of light and plant growth regulators on the biosynthesis of vindoline and other indole alkaloids in catharanthus roseus callus culture, plant growth regulation. 33:43-49.
- Zhao, J., Zhu, W.H. and Hu, Q. 2001 a. Selection of fungal elicitor, to increased indole alkaloid accumulation in catheanthus roseus suspension cell culture, enzyme microbe technol. , 28:666-674.
- Afshari, R.T., Angoshtari, R. and kalantari, s.2011. Effect of light and different plant growth regulators on induction of callus growth in rapessed Brassica napus L. genotypes, plant omics, J. 4(2):60-67.
- Angelova, Z., Georgiev, S., and Roos, W. 2006. Elicitation of plants. Biotechnology and Biotechnological Equipment. 20:72-83.
- Ellialtioglu, S., Ustum, A.S., Mehmetoglu, U.2001.Using AgNo3 and CuSo4 as elicitors in the callus suspension culture of different pepper genotype. EUCARPIA Meeting on Genetic and Breeding of capsicum and eggplant.
- Henfling, J.W.D.M., Bostock, R.M. and KUC, J.1980. Effect of abscisic acid on rishitin and lubimin accumulation and resistance to phytophthora infestans and cladosporium cucumerinum in potato tuber tissue slices. Phytopathology. 70:1074-1078.
- Alaa, J.Taha. 2016. Effect of abiotic elicitation in some secondary compound of callus Nerium oleander.world journal of pharma sci. 4(5):288-293.
- Alaa, J.Taha. 2016. Effect of some chemical elicitors on some secondary metabolite induction of cordia myxa L. in vitro. IOSR Journal of pharmacy. 6(5):15-20.
- Murashige, T, and skoog, F. 1962. Arevised medium for rapid growth and bio assays with tobacco tissue culture. Physiol. Plant. 15:473-497.
- Guddaranganahelly K, Jaypiakarha. 2002. Improve HPLC method for determination of curcumonoids. J. Agriculture food chem. 50(3) pp3668-3672.
- Glaser A, Biggs C. An introduction to statistical methods in Gen stat. VSN. International. Hamell. Hempstead. U.K. 2010.
- Shilpashree, H.P. and Ravishanker, R.2009. Salicylic acid induced hypericin production in cell culture of Hypericum mysorense L. (Hypericeae). Plant cell, tissue and organ culture, 1(1):232-242.
- Xie, Z. and chen, Z. 1999. Salicylic acid induces rapid inhibitor of mitochondrial electron transport and oxidative phosphorylation in tobacco cells, plant physio. 120:217-226.
- Benavides, M.P., Gallego, S.M., Tomaro, M.L., and Braz, J. 2005. Cadmium toxicity in plant. Plant physiol. 17(1).
- Fathalla, M.bd. El. Kareem, Abd.El.Kawy A.M and Taha H.S. 2001. Effect of heavy metal (HgCl2) on Accumulation and production of total Indol alkaloid, vinblastine and /or vincristine from Egyptian catharanthus roseus L. G. Don. Cali culture. Journal of Applied sciences research, 7(4):542-549.
- Ayan, A.K., Cirak, G., Kevseroglu, S. and sokmen, A. 2005. Effect of explant type and different concentration of phytohormones on plant regeneration and hypericin content in hypericum perforatum L., department of Biology, faculty of science and Arts, cumhuriyet university, sivas, turkey.
- Mohy, A., Khan, Z., Ahmad, M., Kashmiri, M.A., Yasmin, S. and mazhar, H. 2009. Chemotaxonomic significance of flavonoids in solanum nigrum complex. Department of Biology, GC University, katchery rood, Pakistan.
- Kirakosyan, A., Gibson, M.D. and sirvent, T. 2003. Acomparative study of Hypericum perfpratum plant as source of hypericins and hyperforins. J. of Herbs, spices and medicinal plants. 10(4):73-89.
- Ibrahim, M.H. and Jaafar, H.Z.E. 2013. Abscisic acid induced changes in production of primary and secondary metabolism, photosynthetic capacity, Antioxidant capability, Antioxidant enzymes and lipoxygenase inhibitory Activity of orthosiphon satmineus Benth. Mdpi. Journal/molecules. 18:7957-7976.
- Sandhu, A.K., Gray, D.J., Lu, J. and Gu, L. 2010. Effect of exogenous abscisic acid on antioxidant capacities, anthocyanins, and flavonoid contents of muscadine grape (vitisrotum difolia) skins. Food chem. 126:982-988.
- Hu, X., Zhang, A., Zheng, J. and Jiang, M. 2006. Abscisic acid is akey inducer of hydrogen peroxide production in leaves of maize plants exposed to water stress. Plant cell physiol. 47:1484-1495.
- Thakur, J.S., Agarwal, R.K. and Kharya, M.D.2011. Immobilization mediated enhancement of phyllanthin and Hypophyllanthin from phyllanthus amarus. International conference on Environmental, Biomedical and Biotechnology. Vol. 16.
- Loaiza, J.C.M., Ernt, L., Beuerle, T., Theuring, C., Cespedes, C.L. and Hartman, T. 2008. Pyrrolizidine alkaloids of the endemic Mexican genus solanum L. Phyto Chemistry, 69(1):154-167.
- Kawoosa, T., Singh, H., Kumar, A., Sharma, SK., Devi, Dutt, S., Vats, SK., Sharma, M., Ahuja, ps. and Kumar, S. 2010. Light and temperature regulated terpene biosynthesis: hepatoprotective monoterpene picroside accumulation in picrorhiza kurrooa. Funt Integr Genomics. 10(3):393-404.
How to Cite
The journal has no restrictions for the author to hold the copyrights of his articles. The journal does not allow authors to republish the same article in other journals or conferences that is published in one of its volumes.